M.S./PH.D. INTEGRATED COURSE (Mar 2014 to Aug 2022)
Antibody Engineering, Department of Molecular Science and Technology, Ajou University, Suwon, Republic of Korea
B.S. (Mar 2007 to Feb 2014)
Department of Applied Chemistry and Biological Engineering, Ajou University, Suwon, Republic of Korea
Therapeutic antibody, Fc engineering, Alzheimer's disease, COVID-19
1. Seong-Wook Park, Da-Som Lee, and Yong-Sung Kim*. Engineering a U-box of E3 ligase E4B through yeast surface display-based functional screening generates a variant with enhanced ubiquitin ligase activity. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2022 July 5, 612:147-153.
2. Seong-Wook Park, Sei-Yong Jun, Ji-Sun Kim, Yong-Sung Kim*. Engineering of an EpCAM-targeting cyclic peptide to improve the EpCAM-mediated cellular internalization and tumor accumulation of a peptide-fused antibody. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2021 October 8, 573:35-41.
3. Seung-Min Shin, Ji-Sun Kim, Seong-Wook Park, Sei-Yong Jun, Hye-Jin Kweon, Dong-Ki Choi, Dakeun Lee, Yong Beom Cho, Yong-Sung Kim*. Direct targeting of oncogenic RAS mutants with a tumor-specific cytosol-penetrating antibody inhibits RAS mutant-driven tumor growth. Science Advances, 2020 January, 6(3): eaay2174.
4. Ji-sun Kim, Jae-Yeong Park, Seung-Min Shin, Seong-Wook Park, Sei-Yong Jun, Jin-Sun Hong, Dong-Ki Choi, Yong-Sung Kim*. Engineering of a tumor cell–specific, cytosol-penetrating antibody with high endosomal escape efficacy. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2018. September 18; 503(4):2510-2516.
5. Seung-Min Shin, Dong-Ki Choi, Keunok Jung, Jeomil Bae, Ji-sun Kim, Seong-Wook Park, Ki-Hoon Song, and Yong-Sung Kim*. Antibody targeting intracellular oncogenic Ras mutants exerts anti-tumor effects after systemic administration. Nature Communications, 2017. 8:15090.
6. Ji-Sun Kim, Dong-Ki Choi, Ju-Yeon Shin, Seung-Min Shin, Seong-Wook Park, Hyun-Soo Cho, Yong-Sung Kim*. Endosomal acidic pH-induced conformational changes of a cytosol-penetrating antibody mediate endosomal escape. Journal of Controlled Release, 2016. Aug 10, 235:165-175.
7. Seung Eui Min, Kyung-Ho Lee, Seong-Wook Park, Tae Hyun Yoo, Chan Hee Oh, Ji-Ho Park, Sung Yun Yang, Yong-Sung Kim, and Dong-Myung Kim*. Cell-free production and streamlined assay of cytosol-penetrating antibodies. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 2016. Oct;113(10):2107-2112.
8. Ji-Sun Kim, Dong-Ki Choi, Seong-Wook Park, Seung-Min Shin, Jeomil Bae, Dong-Myung Kim, Tae Hyeon Yoo, and Yong-Sung Kim*. Quantitative assessment of cellular uptake and cytosolic access of antibody in living cells by an enhanced split GFP complementation assay. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication, 2015 Nov 27, 467(4):771-777.
Patent and Technology Transfer
1. Patent: CELL/TISSUE-SPECIFIC CELL-PENETRATING ANTIBODIES. (US 10,787,487 B2, USA)
2. Patent: ENHANCED SPLIT-GFP COMPLEMENTATION SYSTEM, AND USE THEREOF. (10-1790669, KOREA)
3. Patent: ANTIBODY WHICH INTERNALIZE INTO THE CYTOSOL OF CELLS AND BINDS TO INHIBIT ACTIVATED RAS AND USE THEREOF. (10-2018-0141770, KOREA)